Re:Fiction is hosting regular writing contests. Enter the competition!
Here are the essential details:
- We host a new contest every month. You have fifteen days to write and submit your entry. (Newsletter subscribers receive the prompt earlier and enjoy a full month’s time.)
- Every contest revolves around a single prompt, which is announced in the newsletter at the beginning of the month. The prompt becomes public on the website on the 15th of the same month.
- There are no entry fees. We want to give everyone an equal chance to shine.
- Prize: every month we award the winning writer $50 (via PayPal) or the equivalent in an Amazon.com gift certificate.
Read these rules before you enter:
- We host a new contest on the 1st of every month. Newsletter subscribers may enter as soon as the challenge is up (but they must be already subscribed at the beginning of the month). Other entrants must wait until the 15th of the same month. Click here to join the newsletter now.
- You may only send one entry for each contest. Make it your best.
- You may, however, enter in new contests even if you’ve previously won a contest.
- All entries must follow the contest prompt. Unrelated entries will be disqualified.
- Entries can run up to 1,500 words in length, but shorter entries are just as likely to win. Write as much as your story demands (up to the limit).
- If there are fewer than 3 entries in a contest, no winner will be declared and no stories will be published.
- For every challenge, the winner is announced on the 15th of the following month. The winner will be contacted by email and announced here on the Re:Fiction website.
- If you win a contest, your winning entry will be published on our website. Re:Fiction will receive non-exclusive digital rights to the entry, and will retain these rights until further notice. You will retain all other rights, as well as non-exclusive digital rights. If your entry doesn't win, you will retain all rights to that entry.
- By submitting your entry to our writing contests, you agree to the above rules.
- Best of luck!