Our prompt for January 2019 has been:
Send us the top 10 resolutions that your character would make.
Do not describe the character otherwise, beyond their name and the genre they came from.
The most interesting character will win this challenge.
We received so many entries this month! It’s been exciting to see all the inspiration that this prompt has sparked.
We’d love to hear your feedback on our contests: what you like and dislike, and what you hope to see in future events. Let us know what you think in the comments below or by sending an email to [email protected].
That aside, let’s get down to business and announce the winner of the January writing contest.
The most interesting entry was sent in by… Renee!
The characters in her resolutions were particularly intriguing, and we couldn’t help but keep our fingers crossed for their survival in this life-and-death situation.
Well done, Renee!
Two by Sea
Genre: Science Fiction/Dystopian Fiction
1. Don’t give up. I’ve made it this long. I might as well see it through to the end. Or at least until my end anyway.
2. Finish patching the boat.
3. Keep Her from accidentally destroying the boat again (including, but not limited to, setting it on fire…)
4. Figure out a better water filtration system… Or at least steal a new solar still from one of the outposts.
5. Stockpile more supplies, the medicine is running out fast.
6. Learn to speak Her language. It might be nice to call Her by a real name.
7. Stay vigilant.
8. Don’t lose your mind.
9. Find a safe place.
10. Protect Her. The only way we survive is together.