This prompt could be an opportunity to comment on a currently controversial social issue, or to think up a new one.
Create a character who has written a book describing their activism in a controversial field, and tell the story of what happens when they go on a multi-city book tour.
Take this writing prompt for a spin:
- In what ways is this character a typical activist for their cause? How are they different?
- How do protestors and supporters interact during the book tour? Are the supporters ever more disruptive than the protestors?
- Does this activist have a team of people with them?
- Any romantic liaisons while on the road?
- How did this character become involved in the cause? Are they considered a hero or a hack by their peers?