I often wonder about the lives of people who have achieved social media fame. Do they get recognized? Have they been able to monetize their success? How fleeting is it?
Write about a character who has attained superstar status on some social media platform — Twitter, Instagram, Vine, YouTube, etc.
Take this writing prompt for a spin:
- Think about how the specific platform dictates who will become well known on it.
- What sorts of pressures does this “superstar” feel? Looking good? Being funny? Creating original content?
- Is this social media platform a supportive community or a cutthroat shark tank?
- Do people in their regular life know about this social media activity, or is it a secret?
- What is the psychological impact on your character? Do they feel validated? Like a sell-out? Hungry for more fame?