This prompt explores the idea of rapid downward class migration, but in a potentially humorous setting.
After a scandal in which a formerly prominent surgeon is left penniless, he is forced to take a job at a fast food restaurant.
Take this writing prompt for a spin:
- Was the scandal the surgeon’s fault, or was he unfairly blamed for something? A set-up, perhaps?
- How does this drastic career change affect his social life? Does anyone unlikely stick by his side? Is he abandoned by anyone close to him?
- Do his surgical skills help him excel in his new job?
- What are his new coworkers like? Any unlikely friendships or strange rivalries?
- What happens when former colleagues see him working at his new job?
- Try to play with the preconceived notions about doctors and fast food workers.